Monday, November 29, 2010

What a BEAUTIFUL Day!

So I dunno what the deal is... but i've been SUPER happy the past few days! I mean, i'm typically a very happy person... ;) but for some reason, all my worries and distress of the past month have shot out the window! You know my motto is "Enjoyin' The Journey..." But I haven't been so great at living up to that the past little while. Today in Humanities, Brother Flora was talking about the spectrum of life and had us select six significant events that have happened or will happen in our lifetime. It got me thinking, and our journey here really isn't that long. I need to enjoy it for what it's worth. Every single second of every single day is exactly what I make of it. I've been planning out my final semesters here at BYU-I and figuring out a plan for dental hygiene school. I have everything mapped out and planned and I have been so so excited! But i've been focusing too much on my future to realize what's important now. I need to live in the moment and let the future come on it's own. President Uchtdorf's last General Conference talk has been perfect for me! It's titled "Of The Things That Matter Most." He said, "If life and its rushed pace and many stresses have made it difficult for you to feel like rejoicing, then perhaps now is a good time to refocus on what matters most." Wow, was that written for me or what? I love how the Lord sends the right messages to us in sneaky ways! ;) It truly is amazing. I'm just glad to be truly happy again and yes, i'm definitely beginning to Enjoy My Journey again! =)


3 comments:

  1. glad your happy again! Not that you weren't before but just glad that you are in higher spirits! thanks for sharing-i think i needed to read what you wrote! I think i need to be better at enjoying the journey!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaaay!:) Love you Shan, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks! I had fun with you too Shan! We need to do another trip together like Lake Powell! Have a wonderful day! Ry

    ReplyDelete