Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Be friendly & kind to those you meet.... everyone is fighting a tough battle!

So I was walking home from the library today and just chugging along, minding my own business when this guy out of the blue said "hi." I wasn't sure if he was talking to me or this other girl behind me, but I said hi back and kept walking! He stopped and asked my name, then shook my hand. His name was Jon something... but it was a SWEET name! Definitely foreign! I think he was African or something... We introduced ourselves then he said, "well, i've met a new friend today!" Then he was on his way. Such a plain and simple story, I know, but it absolutely made my day and I don't know why! I continued my little journey home and couldn't stop smiling, then that quote popped into my head. "Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." I don't know where that quote came from... but I have it written down somewhere! Anyways, I wasn't even having a bad day or anything, but that boy saying hi to me made it even better. It made me check myself. There are so many things I could do to possibly make someones day go better. But do I always do it? No, not always. So i'm making it a new goal to meet someone new or to say hello to a stranger each day! You never know who's load you might be lifting! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment