Thursday, March 15, 2012

Tender Mercies

Wow. What a wonderful week this has been! I have been the recipient of countless tender mercies and I just thought I'd share some! Recently I've been a little flustered with my financial situation. Being in school without a job is very stressful and hard. It's a constant burden and I've been trying to think of ways to change that! Well, with all that on my mind and no solutions... I got an e-mail from my cousin earlier this week telling me I got a pretty decent tax refund on my taxes this year! I was soooooo excited! A couple hundred bucks goes a long way for a poor college student. haha I was so grateful for that great news. I also got a statement from BYU-I and I thought it said I owed $197... which was false because I paid off my dues last fall. I was kind of freaking out over it so I called and it turns out it was $197 credit from a scholarship I wasn't even aware of! Wow! Can you say answer to prayer?? I can. It was amazing. I've been so incredibly blessed and I'm so grateful to know the Lord is watching out for me. Along with that I've had lots weighing down on my mind and I drove up to the temple tonight just to clear my head and have some time to think alone. While I was up there feeling a little down and distraught... I heard the bells chime on BYU campus and they were playing the chorus to a familiar hymn, "Come Come Ye Saints." The part that was playing on the bells was the phrase, "all is well, all is well." I couldn't believe the timing those few simple notes had. It was incredible. I'm so blessed to have these experiences reassuring me of the Lord's hand in my life. May we always recognize those little tender mercies we are blessed with everyday! =)


"I testify that the tender mercies of the Lord are available to all of us and that the Redeemer of Israel is eager to bestow such gifts upon us." -Elder David A. Bednar

2 comments:

  1. Awwww, I'm so happy for you! Money stress is the absolute worst! Those little things feel amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this:) You are such a great example to me girl. Always accentuating the positive! Love it:)

    ReplyDelete