Thursday, May 31, 2012

Happy Few Month Update!

Well, I'm getting in trouble for not updating my blog... SO, here is an update of the past few weeks for all my dear fans out there ;) haha just kiddin!
April- May: After passing my first semester of school, I got to go home for a little break! Ahh best few weeks I've had in a long long time. It was so nice to be home with my family and just being able to relax. I forgot what it was like to just relax and not have a worry in the world. I was able to spend lots of quality time with my momma. She's my best friend! It was great being able to spend time with her and work on some projects with her. It was fun being home with my boys! They always bring entertainment and joy to my life. I love them and despite their childish-boyness, I miss them every single day. While I was home, I got to have a reunion with my 2 besties from high school. (Yes Kate and Taya, I just said "besties" ;) haha!) We held up our tradition and went to Cafe Rio to have a counseling-catch up session. We realized that we started this tradition fall of 2009!!! Holy cow that's a long time. It was so nice getting to catch up with them and hearing how their lives are going. We all may be down different paths and at different stages in our lives now, but we're still the greatest of friends. It was great to see them and catch up like old times. I've also come to the conclusion that despite it's coldness, Idaho is the most beautiful place in the world. Especially in the spring time. Being on the farm relaxes me and makes me happy. It was so nice to be home.


May 5th: Happy Cinco de Mayo!!! I was fortunate enough to be able to celebrate my 20th birthday at home! 20.... wow, I'm not a teenager anymore. That's kinda sad! I suppose I have to grow up sometime... baha ya right. It was a really great day! My family took me out to breakfast to Smitty's and after that I came home to find a big ole package from a certain missionary jammed into my mailbox. It had an Asian smiley on the box so that was a dead give-away. ;) Elder Nii, being the little sweetheart that he is, sent me a whole box full of chocolate hugs and kisses! 403 of each to be exact. Apparently there are 403 days from my birthday until he is home soooo, and I quote, "Here is a hug and a kiss a day to keep those dumb boys away!" haha silly boy. Well it's working! Along with the chocolate, he recorded a few videos for me on a memory card. He and some other missionaries sang me a lovely happy birthday song and Gabe just talked to me about his mission on the other videos. Holy hannah, he has the cutest, THICKEST southern accent I have ever heard! haha it's stinkin' cute! It was so sweet of him. It was such a nice present! I also had another sudden surprise on my birthday... A little hispanic friend showed up at my door wearing a mustache, sombrero and taco in hand! haha Jessica Dawn Hart is the BEST! She came to wish me a Happy Cinco de Mayo! Absolutely made my day. I couldn't stop laughing. It was so great to visit and catch up with her. She's such a wonderful friend and I love her! Later that night we had the adult session for stake conference. My mom, me and two other ladies from my mom's ward sang a special musical number. It was a beautiful song! Don't quite know how beautiful it sounded... haha but the words were beautiful and so touching. The song was called... well I don't remember. But I'll find out so you all can look it up! It's quite touching. After the adult session, we had a little get together with some family and had brownies and ice cream. My favorite! =) I had a great birthday thanks to my wonderful family and friends. I love you all!

Hugs and kisses! What a sweetheart!

Watching my videos from Elder Nii... Cuuuuuutie =)

Jessica is the cutest little Mexican I have ever seen... she cracks me up!

haha oh Jake... what a hoot! I love my family =)

May 7th:
Back to school, back to school I go! Hmmm not going to lie, I wasn't completely thrilled to go back to school. haha but it wasn't too difficult to get back into the swing of things. This semester will definitely be an adventure! A wild and crazy one. We start seeing patients this semester. REAL patients. Kinda scary. But on that note, if anyone needs their teeth cleaned, let me know! =)

May 13th: HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY: Happy Mother's Day to my beautiful mother! As I've previously said... my mom is one of my bestest friends in the world. I learn so much from her every single day. I'm grateful for her wonderful example of kindness, hard work and love. I pray I can be just like her someday. I love her. =) Even though I am not a mother... I got a WONDERFUL gift on mother's day. 7 whole minutes on the phone with Elder Nii! WOOHOO! Oh my lanta he's doing so great! He's loving the mission more than anything. He's working so hard and keeping his head up. I'm so proud of him. It was so nice to be able to hear his voice. Knowing he's so happy serving the Lord makes me happy. I know it's exactly where he's suppose to be right now and I will forever be grateful for his faithful and diligent service.

May 30th: HE IS WE CONCERT Yesterday I got to go see my FAVORITE band! I went with my good childhood friends Danielle Hanson and Devrey Hair, my old roommate Kaylee Banner and her two friends. It was so much fun! But, there was one problem... The actual girl in He Is We wasn't even there. She was sick and so she had someone cover for her... Can you even do that?!?! I don't think so! The fill-in girl was very talented and did an excellent job... but it just wasn't the same =( I was kinda disappointed. BUT, we did discover a new hottie hot band called South Jordan. We got to meet the drummer, Jessie... That's right, we know his name =) Look them up! They're a really talented band. It was a late, somewhat slightly disappointing night... but I got to be with great friends, hear my favorite songs and discover some new ones. It was a lot of fun. (Pictures to come!)

May 31st: FIRST DAY OF PATIENT TREATMENT Today I brought in my very first REAL patient for school. I was FREAKING OUT. I was so nervous... But it ended up going really well. I was quite pleased with how it all went. My sweet, patient and kind roommate Jessica came in for me. I was super slow but you can bet your bottom I was pretty dang thorough. I decided speed will come to me eventually, as long as I know I'm being the very best hygienist I can be, then I feel like I'm set to go. The procedure went so wonderful, and although she'll probably have to come back one or two more times so I can finish... I feel like I had a great start. I was really excited! =)

Well, sorry for the long updates I do every few months... I lack motivation to blog sometimes haha but I just want you all to know that life is wonderful. Yes, it has it's ups and downs... but it's always possible to have more ups than downs. (Thank you Jessica Hart for reminding me of that.) Keep on enjoying your journey! I sure am enjoying mine. =)

3 comments:

  1. I love hearing updates of your life and was so excited you called me the other day!! I love it! and I love you!! Gabe has an accent? OH my hick that is funny! Dang! That little mexican has for sure had way to many Tacos! Dang deff time to cut out the ques-a-dillas in her life. Thanks for mentioning me! YOu are the best! Love you so much friend! Glad your life is going well. So proud of you! Your first patient!! YAY! I'm sure you did great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang how does your blog have the reply comment right below this. Dang my blog! I have to do the retarded @ sign.

      Delete
    2. haha I never noticed the reply thing before! Love ya!

      Delete